The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. Heavy Volume Slams TransoceanBy Gary Morrow
3:39 p.m. EST
The heavy selling began premarket and has remained very heavy throughout the day. The stock's 200-day moving average, which has supplied support since the March breakout, was easily taken out in the early going. The loss of this support has attracted even more selling, lifting today's volume to its heaviest level since fourth quarter 2008.
2. Toyota StrengthBy Tim Melvin
3:27 p.m. EST I continue to be amazed by the strength of Toyota's (TM) stock. If this mess had been caused by an American car company, we would have seen the stock at new lows in rather quick order. The executives are being crucified up on the hill today, and the stock is actually up 2 points on the day, despite the lost money last year and trading at 26 times what is a rather iffy earnings forecast for 2010. It is a shame General Motors can't build a decent enough car to take advantage of this, but Ford (F) executives have to be downright giddy. This is a prime opportunity to regain market share in leaps and bounds. Position: None
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV