Canadian sports apparel company Gildan Activewear (GIL) has seen a mind-blowing rally in the last 12 months, with shares rocketing 241%. But that hasn't stopped the short-sellers from taking stakes against shares; the company's short interest ratio currently sits at 17.9.
Gildan is one of the biggest apparel producers in North America. The company's extremely low-cost structure and deep business relationships with mega retailers such as Wal-Mart (WMT) and Target (TGT) give it significant advantages as it competes for hard-earned consumer dollars in the retail marketplace. As the company reaches out into more premium branding, it could see margins improve as a result.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV