HOUSTON, Feb. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Mattress Firm, Inc., one of the nation's leading specialty bedding retailers, today announced a number of key changes within the company's corporate headquarters team to support its strategic growth plans. The changes are a critical step in the company's "Growth by Design" strategic plan that calls for aggressive expansion in 2010 and beyond.
"We are on the cusp of an exciting time at Mattress Firm. These changes are the result of giving careful consideration to the proper infrastructure needed to best position us for growth as we emerge from the economic downturn that's impacted the industry and look optimistically to the growth opportunities before us," said Mattress Firm CEO, Steve Stagner. "We learned a lot from the manner in which we managed the business through the recent downturn and believe we've emerged from that period stronger than ever before. The changes we've made with our team were strategically planned as part of our Growth by Design strategy to ensure proper internal alignment as we strive to improve the results of the organization by building a results-oriented brand, developing a high-performance culture and creating sustainable and profitable growth."
Mattress Firm's Growth by Design strategy includes aggressive store growth in both corporate and franchise locations over the next 2-3 years. The company also plans to expand its ecommerce business and create a truly differentiated brand. In addition to the changes at the corporate office, the company also anticipates hiring hundreds of more people company-wide to support the projected growth. Furthermore, Mattress Firm will continue to enhance what is already recognized as one of the most comprehensive training programs in the industry.
Recent promotion announcement include:
- Craig McAndrews: Vice President of Merchandising. Previously East Regional Sales Manager
- Dave Brummett: Vice President of Product Development. Previously Vice President of Merchandising
- Stephen Leggiero: Vice President of Branding. Previously Regional Vice President, Central Texas
- Ken Murphy: Regional Sales Vice President, Gulf Region. Previously Vice President of Multi-Channel Sales
- Sam Woods: Regional Sales Vice President, Southwest Region. Previously Southeast Regional Sales Manager
- Jason Starr: Regional Sales Vice President, Central Region. Previously Central Regional Sales Manager
- Mike Cannizzaro: Regional Operations Vice President, North Region. Previously North Regional Operations Manager
- Justin Cassell: Regional Operations Vice President, West Region. Previously West Regional Operations Manager
- Chris Maloy: Regional Operations Vice President, Southwest Region. Previously Southwest Regional Operations Manager
- Matt Forbes: Director of Sales and Field Operations. Previously Southwest Regional Sales Manager
- Scott Davis: Regional Sales Director. Previously Houston-South District Manager
- Jody Putnam: Regional Sales Director. Previously Dallas-North District Manager
- Mike Putzke: Regional Sales Director. Previously Atlanta-West District Manager
- Cory Ludens: Director of Learning and Development. Previously Leadership Development Manager
- Kathryn Siegling: Director of Advertising. Previously Marketing Communications Manager