Yahoo!, in a statement, said the integration "is part of Yahoo!'s commitment to provide personally relevant information to people, from sources across the Web."
Under the agreement, people will be able to access their personal Twitter feeds across Yahoo!'s products and properties, and Yahoo!'s search results will include real-time public Twitter updates.
The search part of the agreement already is available. Other parts of the integration are expected later this year, Yahoo! said."Today's Twitter partnership, along with Yahoo!'s recently announced Facebook relationship, will transform Yahoo! into a highly customizable social experience that lets people bring together and unify their activity from their many social experiences across the Web," Yahoo! said. Yahoo! is paying Twitter an undisclosed amount of money for better access to its data, the Associated Press reports. Yahoo! didn't say when users can begin tweeting from its site. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV