NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today's economic climate is not ideal for investors looking for international exposure.
With debt crises threatening the stability of the euro region and monetary tightening weakening China's markets, the developed and emerging global landscape is filled with challenges that can upend even the most conservative, well-diversified portfolio.
Despite all these dangers, there are still a few bright spots across the globe that may still provide investors with an adequate source of stability. One of the more notable regions is Latin America.
The nations that lay south of the U.S. border -- Mexico, Brazil, Peru, and Chile -- have performed well throughout the global economic crisis and, thanks to a number of factors, including manageable public debt and strong financial systems, the trend towards stability appears to have legs.Going forward, as long as Latin American nations continue to see growth, they may prove to be the best region for investors looking to weather the storms facing the rest of the world's markets. Effectively playing the nations of South and Central America requires individuals to closely examine the investment options currently available to the average retail investor. While there are a number of investment vehicles actively trading with provide investors with exposure to the markets of Brazil, Mexico, Peru and other Latin American nations on an individual basis, in this discussion I will look at two funds that provide exposure to the region as a whole.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV