The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. First Solar and German Market
By Mark Haefele
10:59 a.m. EST
The latest news that the German government will eliminate subsidies for solar projects on farmland is a big hit for First Solar (FSLR) because Germany is its largest market and if FSLR's technology is competitive at all, it is on ground-based installations. On the recent conference call management refused to discuss how German subsidy cuts would affect FSLR's performance. But sometime soon, the company is going to have to incorporate the German cuts into guidance. I think this growth stock won't find new buyers until it becomes a value stock.Short FSLR.
2. TZA -- Taking Some Off
By Timothy Collins
11:02 a.m. EST I've sold the Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3x Shares (TZA) March 10 calls at 45 cents (paid 39 cents). I realize this looks small, but up 15% with a market I don't trust to stay down, even for a day, I will limit short exposure. Long TZA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV