Smithfield Foods Appoints First Chief Sustainability Officer
SMITHFIELD, Va., Feb. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today announced that it has promoted Dennis H. Treacy to senior vice president of corporate affairs and chief sustainability officer as part of the company's long-term focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Mr. Treacy joined Smithfield Foods in 2002 and last served as vice president, environmental and corporate affairs.
"Our business has become much more complex as we confront increasing government regulation and rising public and customer awareness of corporate social responsibility practices and sustainability. We understand that our long-term success directly correlates with our ability to effectively address these factors and that these programs must be managed from a senior level within our organization. The appointment of Mr. Treacy to this new role demonstrates our continuing commitment to operate our company in a socially responsible and sustainable way," said C. Larry Pope, president and chief executive officer.
Prior to 2002, Mr. Treacy served as director of Virginia's department of environmental quality, held several positions in the private sector and also served as assistant attorney general in the natural resources section of the Virginia attorney general's office.
With sales of $12 billion, Smithfield Foods is the leading processor and marketer of fresh pork and packaged meats in the United States, as well as the largest producer of hogs. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com.SOURCE Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV