NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- According to projections from the International Monetary Fund, China, India and Brazil are expected to be the economic growth leaders of the year and it is possible to reap the benefits of this international growth domestically.
Over the last year, the MSCI Emerging Markets Index has gained more than 65% and prices in emerging stock markets, like China, have followed. In fact, China's main stock market index trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of more than 30, nearly 50% higher than that of the S&P 500.
In addition to being cheaper, domestic stocks that are likely to benefit from international growth tend to be less volatile, have less risk and are more liquid than those of emerging markets. As these nations grow and develop, demand for energy, technology and industrials will likely surge.
With this in mind, conglomerates like Siemens (SI) and General Electric (GE), who derive nearly one-third of their revenues from emerging markets, are good choices. Additionally, energy services companies who focus on oil-services and equipment, like Schlumberger (SLB) and Halliburton (HAL), are worth a look.Lastly, technology that enables nations to gain a competitive advantage, or at the very least, compete with developed nations, will be in demand. Some companies to watch here include Microsoft (MSFT) and Intel Corporation (INTC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV