Market Vectors Steel (SLX)
Brazilian steelmaker Gerdau S.A. (GGB) and its North American subsidiary, Gerdau Ameristeel (GNA), report earnings on Thursday. (Gerdau is not a top 10 holding in EWZ, but it represents a bit under 2% of the fund.)
Analysts are looking for 31 cents per share and $6.62 billion in revenue from GGB, and 2 cents per share from GNA on $1.05 billion in revenues. Combined, the two holdings make up nearly 9% of SLX.
Like EWZ, SLX slumped more than 20% in early 2010 and also rebounded more than 10%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV