BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Stocks rose about 3.3% last week, clawing back gains from earlier in the month when investors were concerned about mounting debt woes in Europe and the possibility of rising interest rates in China and the U.S. The following five undervalued stocks may shield investors from more volatility.
5. J.M. Smucker (SJM) sells jams and jellies.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter net income nearly tripled to $140 million, as earnings per share climbed 26% to $1.18. Revenue grew 52% to $1.3 billion. Smucker's operating margin widened from 11% to 18%. Its 0.3 debt-to-equity ratio indicates modest leverage.
The stock: J.M. Smucker has increased 47% over the past year, beating the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 Index. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 17, a discount to food-products peers. The shares offer a 2.3% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV