Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street: Feb.19
Kevin Smith's LUV Handles
Silent Bob chose the wrong time to speak up.
Southwest Airlines (LUV) apologized to movie director Kevin Smith on Monday after he was removed from a plane he had boarded at Oakland International Airport because he was too big for his seat. As a part of its "Customer of Size" policy, the Dallas airline requires oversized passengers to purchase two seats if they are unable to fit in one and lower both armrests.
Smith, who created and portrayed a non-speaking character called Silent Bob in movies including Clerks and Mallrats, protested his treatment via Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV