So much so, that they're offering consumers cold, hard cash rewards to open depositary accounts, or enroll in additional services.
Since the start of the year, banks of all shapes and sizes have been upping the ante when it comes to offering incentives. Bank of America (BAC), the country's largest bank, has offered bonuses of up to $100 to open a new checking account, as well as a $35 reward for using its online bill payment service, and free equity trades for opening a brokerage account. HomeStreet Bank, a private, Seattle-based entity with just $3.2 billion in assets, is offering customers $215 to open an account in certain states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV