BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Here are five small companies with strong fundamentals and cheap shares.
5. Oil-Dri Corp. of America (ODC) sells absorbent products, including sponges and cat litter.
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter profit declined 2.3% to $2.2 million, or 30 cents a share, as revenue dropped 15% to $53 million. Oil-Dri's operating margin expanded from 5.8% to 6.3%. The company holds $25 million of cash and $21 million of debt.
The stock: Oil-Dri has advanced 4.6% during the past year, less than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 12, a discount to household products peers. The shares offer a 3.7% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV