High-End Restaurants for High-Level Lunches
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Power Lunch isn't just a show on CNBC. Real power lunches are happening every day among Hollywood moguls, real estate brokers and Wall Street bankers.
Lunch isn't just a midday refueling. It's a chance to develop new relationships and find opportunities. TravelsinTaste.com has rounded up the best restaurants for your next power lunch. Whether you're entertaining a partner or a prospect, they're the best spots to have a meal before you strike a deal.
|Michael Jordan's The Steak House N.Y.C. has become a hot spot for power brokers in Midtown Manhattan.|
Los Angeles: In Los Angeles, nights are filled with movie openings, awards dinners and cocktails behind red velvet ropes. Celebrity chic does not start at sundown though. If you want to sidle up to Hollywood's studio executives, agents and stars, have lunch at the Ivy. It has an outdoor terrace that's perfect for sipping drinks and watching the moguls discuss the next big blockbuster.
If you crave a home run with your afternoon meetings, join Hollywood's A-list at Spago, where celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck serves his signature house-smoked salmon pizza. If you're looking to impress new clients, you'll find superior cuisine that will satisfy the most voracious diner.If you'd rather go a little more traditional, try the Pink Palace in the Beverly Hills Hotel. Many mega-deals have been struck in the dining room of the Polo Lounge, such as Gulf & Western's acquisition of Paramount in 1966. It's the perfect spot for sharing trade secrets. Las Vegas: Bigger is better in Vegas, where decadence is especially important when it comes to dining. As proof, look to Tableau at the Wynn Las Vegas (WYNN), where the Strip's suits do big business over big lunches. There's no all-you-can-eat lunch buffet here. Instead, there are best-in-class entrees such as shellfish plateau and Kobe beef tamales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV