Havertys Announces Clarence H. Ridley, Chairman, Will Retire In May 2010 After Serving On The Company's Board Of Directors For 31 Years
Mr. Smith stated, "Havertys has benefited significantly from Clancy's contributions over the years. As chief executive officer, I have greatly appreciated his counsel and leadership. He is retiring as the strategies of cost containment and margin discipline are producing positive results and we gain market share. Our shareholders have an experienced and knowledgeable board and I look forward to continuing to work with Phil Humann in his new role as non-executive chairman."
Mr. Humann remarked, "Clancy is leaving the company with a very skilled management team that continues to hold the values which have kept the company strong over its history. We appreciate his dedication to Havertys and many years of service as a director and chairman."
Havertys is a full-service home furnishings retailer with 119 showrooms in 17 states in the Southern and Midwestern regions providing its customers with a wide selection of quality merchandise in middle- to upper-middle price ranges. Additional information is available on the Company's website at www.havertys.com.
Contact for Information:Jenny Hill Parker Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer (404) 443-2900 SOURCE Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV