(Tiger Woods story updated with insight from second Electronic Arts analyst.)
According to an emailed statement by Woods' agent and spokesman, "Tiger Woods will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates at 11:00 a.m. EST Friday at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida... Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future and he plans to apologize for his behavior."
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., is also the home of the PGA Tour.No questions will be permitted at the meeting, according to the Associated Press. "This is not a press conference," the AP quoted Mark Steinberg as saying Wednesday. Woods is returning to golf after announcing an indefinite hiatus from the game when he publicly apologized for his "transgressions" on Dec. 2 amid what were, at the time, mere rumors of marital infidelities. Those rumors, and Tiger's absence from golf, had prompted several large corporate sponsors like Accenture (ACN) and AT&T (T) to drop their deals with the golfer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV