(Tiger Woods story updated with insight from second Electronic Arts analyst.)
According to an emailed statement by Woods' agent and spokesman, "Tiger Woods will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates at 11:00 a.m. EST Friday at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida... Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future and he plans to apologize for his behavior."
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., is also the home of the PGA Tour.No questions will be permitted at the meeting, according to the Associated Press. "This is not a press conference," the AP quoted Mark Steinberg as saying Wednesday. Woods is returning to golf after announcing an indefinite hiatus from the game when he publicly apologized for his "transgressions" on Dec. 2 amid what were, at the time, mere rumors of marital infidelities. Those rumors, and Tiger's absence from golf, had prompted several large corporate sponsors like Accenture (ACN) and AT&T (T) to drop their deals with the golfer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV