On Jan. 19 Sirius came out with a report saying that it expected to report more than $100 million of free cash flow for 2009. Sirius also said it ended the year with about 18.8 million subscribers, adding about 257,000 net subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Miller Tabak & Co. analyst David Joyce, for his part, says he doesn't know what triggered today's rally and is surprised at how investors have been latching on. Joyce adds that today's rally has been quite "meaningless" in the sense that "I don't think they had to worry about delisting from NASDAQ because they had so many shares outstanding already."
Still, we can only imagine that will do little to dampen the enthusiasm of Sirius XM shareholders today.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV