1. Church & Dwight (CHD) sells household products.
The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit increased 19% to $53 million, or 74 cents a share, as revenue grew 4% to $671 million. Church & Dwight's operating margin expanded from 14% to 15%. Its quick ratio of 1.2 and debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5 reflect financial stability.
The stock: Church & Dwight rose 26% during the past year, trailing U.S. benchmarks. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 19, a premium to household products peers. The shares offer a 0.9% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV