2. DeVry (DV) sells training courses and degree programs.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter profit soared 69% to $72 million, or $1 a share, as revenue grew 28% to $473 million. DeVry's operating margin widened from 17% to 23%. The company boasts a liquid balance sheet, with $389 million of cash and $45 million of debt.
The stock: DeVry advanced 6.7% during the past year, lagging behind major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 20, a discount to consumer services peers. The shares offer a 0.3% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV