3. Maximus (MMS) is a government consultant.
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter net income rose 5.6% to $13 million and earnings per share climbed 17% to 81 cents, boosted by a smaller float. Revenue increased 19% to $202 million. The company's operating margin hovered at 12%. Maximus holds $132 million of cash and no debt.
The stock: Maximus gained 55% during the past year, more than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 18, a discount to IT-services peers. The shares offer a 0.9% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV