NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A handful of stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Wednesday's regular session.
Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC) jumped 12.5% to $2.70 after the company announced that a newly published study in clinical cancer research demonstrates potential for Cyclacel's Seliciclib in treating breast cancer resistant to hormone therapy. Selicicli is currently in phase 2 clinical trials. The 50-day average daily volume for Cyclacel is 7.4 million shares.
Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) rose 4.6% to $2.50 after the company announced additional positive safety and efficacy results from its Phase 2 trial studying elvucitabine in patients infected with HIV. The 50-day average daily volume for Achillion Pharmaceuticals is 893,000 shares.
Netlist (NLST) shot up 7.9% to $4.50 after it said it began volume shipments of its non-volatile cache memory product NetVault. The 50-day average daily volume for Netlist is 2.3 million shares.Sequenom (SQNM) edged 0.4% lower to $5.20 after the company announced the launch of its SensiGene fetal sex determination test.The 50-day average daily volume for Sequenom is 3.5 million shares. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York Check out all of Tuesday's high-volume, under-$10 stocks at the Dollar Store >>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV