Argan, Inc. And Unamsco Discontinue Merger Negotiations
Argan, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: AGX) today announced that Argan and United American Steel Constructors, Inc. have mutually terminated the non-binding letter of intent and discontinued merger negotiations announced August 10, 2009.
About Argan, Inc.
Argan’s primary business is designing and building energy plants through its Gemma Power Systems subsidiary. These energy plants include traditional gas as well as alternative energy including biodiesel, ethanol, and renewable energy sources such as wind power. Argan also owns Southern Maryland Cable, Inc. and Vitarich Laboratories, Inc.
Certain matters discussed in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws and are subject to risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to: (1) the Company’s ability to achieve its business strategy while effectively managing costs and expenses; (2) the Company’s ability to successfully and profitably integrate acquisitions; and (3) the continued strong performance of the energy sector. Actual results and the timing of certain events could differ materially from those projected in or contemplated by the forward-looking statements due to a number of factors detailed from time to time in Argan’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition, reference is hereby made to cautionary statements with respect to risk factors set forth in the Company’s most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q, and other SEC filings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV