TheStreet) -- News of a drug's approval or rejection from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration can rock or kill a biotech stock's price. Here are ten companies with drugs facing FDA approval decisions in the first half of this year.
Drug/indication: Horizant for restless leg syndrome
Approval decision date: UnknownXenoport said that the FDA extended the Horizant approval decision date to Feb. 11 from Feb. 9 due to severe winter weather that shut down Washington. Yet the Feb. 11 deadline came and went without any word on the drug's approval. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is Xenoport's marketing partner for Horizant. Update: The FDA rejected Horizant Wednesday night, citing concerns about a potential link between the drug and pancreatic tumors in rats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV