BOSTON (TheStreet) -- News of a drug's approval or rejection from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration can rock or kill a biotech stock's price. Here are ten companies with drugs facing FDA approval decisions in the first half of this year.
Drug/indication: Horizant for restless leg syndrome
Approval decision date: UnknownXenoport said that the FDA extended the Horizant approval decision date to Feb. 11 from Feb. 9 due to severe winter weather that shut down Washington. Yet the Feb. 11 deadline came and went without any word on the drug's approval. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is Xenoport's marketing partner for Horizant. Update: The FDA rejected Horizant Wednesday night, citing concerns about a potential link between the drug and pancreatic tumors in rats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV