A Bullish Case for Chinese Stocks
CLIFTON, N.J. (TheStreet) -- It has been a turbulent few weeks for U.S.-listed China stocks. The financial markets were initially spooked by China's decision to enact financial measures that included a temporary restriction of lending in January and an increase in reserves for some banks.
This news, combined with the sharp run-up in China stocks and concerns over debt problems in Portugal, Spain and Greece, gave investors an excuse to lock in profits.
There have also been ramblings by skeptics that China is the midst of a real-estate bubble and that its banks are overextended with risky loans that could lead to a credit meltdown. This is all the more reason for China to be proactive!
It seems a little too early to proclaim China's growth story game, set, and match. It is illogical to paint as a bleak a picture as pundits would have it, asserting that China growth is "fake-fueled" only by stimulus.I find it amusing that the half-glass-empty camp moans that the Chinese leadership is embarking on goals to slow growth from 10.7% to around a targeted 8% growth. The latter was always the expectation, and now it's not enough?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV