TuneWiki Secures Strategic Investment From DOCOMO Capital
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- TuneWiki, the award-winning provider of social media players, today announced that DOCOMO Capital, Inc., the corporate venture arm of NTT DOCOMO, has made a strategic investment in the company in a supplemental closing to its previously announced Series B financing.
The investment will help TuneWiki continue to build new products and expand its current offerings for mobile platforms and the Web. Using its patented technology for timed and subtitled music lyrics, TuneWiki plans to launch a mobile game and significant feature upgrades to the TuneWiki social media player.
"With TuneWiki's ability to translate and subtitle lyrics in more than 40 languages, we were looking for strategic partners to help us expand into new markets," said Rani Cohen, CEO of TuneWiki. " Japan is one the most advanced markets in the world for Karaoke applications; and we believe that with the help of DOCOMO Capital, we can introduce lyrics to the majority of cell phone owners in Japan."
TuneWiki also today announced two executive team appointments: Lawrence Goldberg as chief operating officer and Michael Steiner as director of marketing.
- As COO, Larry will be responsible for managing TuneWiki's expansion efforts. Larry has more than 23 years of experience in the entertainment and digital content industries as an entrepreneur, executive and attorney. He also spent more than nine years as an executive officer of Activision where he served in various capacities including EVP, Worldwide Studios, chief corporate officer and general counsel.
- In his role as director of marketing, Michael will be responsible for all consumer and trade marketing initiatives, public relations, brand management and the launch of TuneWiki's new game. Michael has worked at several leading consumer product and consulting firms and spent the last four years at Activision-Blizzard where he most recently served as senior global brand manager for the Guitar Hero franchise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV