NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every night on "Mad Money," Jim Cramer offers market commentary and general investment advice, and he makes calls on specific stocks, both of his own choosing and in response to viewer requests. He relies on his many years of experience and strong track record, and he takes full responsibility for his calls.
Here we track some of his calls from the previous episode of "Mad Money" and find out, at least in the very short term, how the stocks are performing. Keep in mind that Cramer might not have been recommending that viewers take immediate action on a stock. And, of course, it's up to the individual investor to do his or her own homework.
That said, here's how some of the stocks that Cramer talked about on Thursday's "Mad Money" show fared today.
Apple (AAPL): Cramer used Apple as an example of how company fundamentals matter less to the market right now than China, Greece and oil prices. That's why Apple rallied on Thursday, coinciding with a copper rally and positive news from Greece, rather than earlier in the week on news that Apple has 25% of the smartphone market and other company-specific news. Since Apple doesn't depend on global growth, Cramer said, so Apple would have been a buy on the down days this week because of its fundamentals. On Friday, Apple closed up $1.71, or 0.9%, at $200.38. Garmin (GRMN): Cramer put Garmin in his Sell Block on Thursday, explaining that built-in smartphone navigation systems are threatening Garmin's standalone navigation system business. He said that without personal navigation, Garmin is worth about $26 a share. He told viewers to sell the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV