With the East Coast's recent snow storms in mind, I've already listed my five
winter weather winners. Now here are my blizzard losers.
Again, note that the weather's impact will differ from industry to industry. Benefits to some of these companies could be short-lived and should not be extrapolated to longer periods of time. On the other hand, a drop in same-store sales by 1% or 2% could have a significant impact on earnings, which might be reflected in revisions to analysts' estimates. As always, do your homework to ascertain the impact, if any, to each stock.
Loser 1: Casual Dining Restaurants
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV