Stec (STEC) makes the list because its solid-state storage product is believed to be the future for storage. Stec drives are more energy efficient, run with less heat and are more reliable than hard drives. No wonder Seagate Technology recently announced its own product in the space.
Solid-state drives still represent a small fraction of the entire disk drive market, estimated to be some $33 billion in sales. Stec is expected to make $1.61 per share in the current year ending in December. Analysts estimate a profit of $1.90 in 2010. I think that estimate of 18% growth is too conservative.
For some amazing reason, shares of Stec trade for just seven times 2009 estimates. As investors grow more comfortable with risk, that multiple is likely to expand, and it could double, or more, if the company beats expectations in 2010.
At the time of publication, Dlugosch was long SWHC.Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider SWHC and HQS to be small-cap stocks. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV