Stec (STEC) makes the list because its solid-state storage product is believed to be the future for storage. Stec drives are more energy efficient, run with less heat and are more reliable than hard drives. No wonder Seagate Technology recently announced its own product in the space.
Solid-state drives still represent a small fraction of the entire disk drive market, estimated to be some $33 billion in sales. Stec is expected to make $1.61 per share in the current year ending in December. Analysts estimate a profit of $1.90 in 2010. I think that estimate of 18% growth is too conservative.
For some amazing reason, shares of Stec trade for just seven times 2009 estimates. As investors grow more comfortable with risk, that multiple is likely to expand, and it could double, or more, if the company beats expectations in 2010.
At the time of publication, Dlugosch was long SWHC.Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider SWHC and HQS to be small-cap stocks. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV