Goldman Sachs Managing Director Teresa Clarke Resigns To Run Reorganized Tech Company, Africa.com
NEW YORK, Feb. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Goldman Sachs Managing Director Teresa Clarke today ended a decade-long career at the investment banking firm to devote her full energies to Africa.com, the leading Internet portal for Africa, of which she is president and CEO.
Africa.com is the fastest growing site for travel information as well as business, sports and political news about and from all 53 countries on the continent. It is already a favorite destination for American, European, Latin American, and Asian users interested in travel to Africa.
With Clarke's reorganization, which launches today, the website is now aimed at becoming a unique platform for world leaders to gain accurate information about the investment climate on the continent and for Africans to communicate with one another.
"My goal for Africa.com is to change the way the world views Africa," said Clarke. "Yes, it is a continent with tremendous natural beauty and resources, but it also contains some of the world's fastest growing economies."
- Africa.com will provide one-stop shopping for comprehensive information about each of the continent's 53 countries. .
- 200 specially curated videos will capture the look and feel of each country.
- Business people and investors will have access to yearly country reports on political rights and civil liberties prepared by internationally recognized Freedom House ( www.freedomhouse.org ) as well as the rankings on sustainable economic opportunity assessed by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation ( www.moibrahimfoundation.org ).
- Business and leisure travelers will access the most comprehensive travel guide available online, with content specially prepared for Africa.com by Lonely Planet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV