NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- More than three-quarters of insurance-company shares have fallen in the past week. Here are five that have risen.
5. Axis Capital Holdings (AXS) is a Bermuda-based specialty insurer and reinsurer.
Price Rise: 3.5%
Financial Fundamentals: Solid financials but with disappointing net income. Operating return on average equity of 15.5%, compared with the peer average 10.4%. Debt-to-capital ratio, 8.32%; average, 14.3%. Net income, 2.8% of total revenue; average, 3.5%.Market Indicators: A price-to-earnings ratio of 4, which is low, and an analysts' consensus price target that's 19.5% below the current price indicate this is a cheap stock. News: Moody's affirmed its ratings with a "stable" outlook Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV