Top Security Stocks for 2010
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- As illustrated by Google's (GOOG) recent network security struggles in China, hackers -- and subsequent network outages -- strike fear and uncertainty into the heart of corporate America. That means upside for cybersecurity stocks like McAfee (MFE), ArcSight (ARST), Sourcefire (FIRE) and Check Point (CHKP).
From Washington to Wall Street, organizations are under increasing pressure to lock down data, thanks in part to the massive denial-of-service attack that targeted Web sites in the U.S. and South Korea last year.
Even the government, which recently appointed its first cybersecurity tsar, is expected to increase spending on IT security from $7.9 billion in 2009 to $11.7 billion in 2014.
As IT spending continues its rebound, here the handful of security software stocks to keep an eye on.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV