1. Valassis Communications (VCI), a direct-marketing firm, surged 1,640% during the past year. If you were lucky enough to buy near the 52-week low, you could've turned $1,000 into $22,000 in under 12 months. The Livonia, Michigan-based company recently won a suit against News Corp. (NWSA), entitling it to $500 million. It swung to a third-quarter profit of $14 million, or 28 cents a share, from a loss of $5.2 million, or 28 cents, a year earlier.-- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Small-Caps Surge Up to 1,640% in a Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.