Those days probably seem like a distant memory after Thursday's disappointing earnings from Akeena Solar.
On Dec. 10, 2009, Akeena shares soared by 68% intra-day after the solar company announced a deal with Lowe's (LOW) to have the home giant stock its shelves with the first do-it-yourself solar kit for U.S. consumers.
On Thursday, the do-it-yourself solar kit potential was not evident, but Akeena investors were doing it themselves in terms of selling shares of Akeena. Lowe's optimism was replaced by a low for Akeena.This
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV