Geeknet Reports Fourth Quarter And Year End 2009 Financial Results
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Geeknet, Inc. (Nasdaq: LNUX), the online network for the global geek community, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009.
Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2009 was $32.6 million compared to $24.8 million of revenue for the fourth quarter of 2008. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2009 was $1.5 million or $0.03 per share compared to a net income of $2.6 million or $0.04 per share, for the same period a year ago.
Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2009 was $2.8 million, compared to adjusted EBITDA of $2.6 million for the same period a year ago. A reconciliation of our net income as reported to adjusted EBITDA is included in this release."Geeknet closed the year with a solid fourth quarter as we realized some of the benefits associated with our numerous investments in 2009," said Scott L. Kauffman, President and CEO, Geeknet. "In particular, ThinkGeek delivered record revenues driven by an increased focus on marketing and awareness. The fourth quarter results validate my belief that our strategy to reinvigorate the company is gaining traction with both our consumers and our advertisers. We expect these trends to continue in 2010." Revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009 was $65.6 million compared to $59.4 million for the comparable period in 2008. Net loss for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009 was $14.0 million or $0.23 per share compared to a net loss of $4.8 million or $0.07 per share for the comparable period a year ago. Net loss for the year ended December 31, 2009 includes a $1.2 million loss resulting from the write-off of internally developed software and a $4.6 million impairment charge for the Company's investment in CollabNet. Adjusted EBITDA for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009 was $3.6 million loss compared to adjusted EBITDA of $0.2 million for the comparable period a year ago. Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Media revenue was $4.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2009, compared to $5.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2008. Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2009 included $2.3 million from our premium advertising products compared to $1.1 million of revenue from premium advertising products for the same period last year.
- E-commerce revenue increased 42 percent to $27.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2009, compared to $19.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2008.
- Total cash and investments, including restricted cash, at the end of 2009 was $39.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV