BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Disney (DIS), Molson Coors (TAP), NYSE Euronext (NYX) and FPL Group (FPL) had their ratings changed by TheStreet.com. (Yesterday, SunPower (SPWR) and other companies had their ratings changed.)
1. The model downgraded entertainment company Disney, which reported quarterly results Tuesday, to "hold."
The numbers: Fiscal first-quarter net income declined marginally to $844 million, but earnings per share dropped 2.2% to 44 cents, hurt by a larger float. Excluding one-time charges, profit improved, helped by the company's Media Networks segment. Disney's operating margin widened from 13% to 15%. The company holds $3.2 billion of cash and $14 billion of debt. The model awards Disney a financial strength score of 8.9 due to consistent profitability.
The stock: Disney increased 59% during the past year, beating major U.S. indices. The stock is down 7.3% over a two-year span. The shares are undervalued relative to those of media peers based on trailing earnings, projected earnings, book value and sales. A PEG ratio of 1.9 indicates that Disney is expensive when considering growth expectations. Disney garners a growth score of 3.2 and a volatility score of 3.3.2. The model downgraded brewer Molson Coors, which released quarterly figures Tuesday, to "hold." The numbers: Fourth-quarter profit more than doubled to $222 million, or $1.17 a share, as revenue climbed 11% to $821 million. The company's operating margin declined from 13% to 12%. A quick ratio of 0.9 and debt-to-equity ratio of 0.2 demonstrate financial stability. The model awards Molson Coors a financial-strength score of 7.9 out of 10. The stock: Molson Coors increased 6.7% during the past year, underperforming major U.S. indices. The shares are cheap relative to those of beverage peers based on all of our valuation measures, including trailing earnings, projected earnings, book value, sales and cash flow. The model awards Molson Coors a performance score of just 4.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV