Waste Management (WM) got some high-profile face time on Sunday following the Super Bowl when it was featured in a new TV show that puts C-level executives in their companies' entry-level jobs. But while consumers got a look at Waste Management's business, the real news for investors comes on Feb. 16, when the $15.7 billion company releases its fourth quarter numbers to the public. Good earnings could shake out the shorts, who've currently pressed the stock to a short ratio of 11.74.
The biggest black cloud on Waste Management's radar right now is its more than $8 billion debt load. But with strong cash flows and recession-resistant sales, the company's ability to meet its obligations shouldn't fall into question. A 3.62% dividend yield makes the company an even sweeter deal for investors right now.
One fund that's taken advantage of Waste Management's performance is the Delaware Large-Cap Value Fund (DELDX), which holds stakes in CVS Caremark (CVS) and Motorola (MOT) in addition to Waste Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV