Micron will issue 140 million shares to Numonyx shareholders, Intel (INTC), STMicroelectronics (STM) and Francisco Partners. An additional 10 million shares will be issued ratably to Numonyx shareholders under certain conditions.
Micron, in a statement announcing the transaction, said the merger "strengthens Micron's position as one of the world's leading memory companies" with a broad portfolio of DRAM, NAND and NOR memory products. The deal also would help Micron gain "increased manufacturing scale globally," the company said.
Micron estimates the transaction will add to free cash flow and non-GAAP earnings beginning in fiscal 2011.Micron sees the deal closing within three to six months. Shares of Micron closed at $9.08, up 17 cents, on Tuesday. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV