Micron will issue 140 million shares to Numonyx shareholders, Intel (INTC), STMicroelectronics (STM) and Francisco Partners. An additional 10 million shares will be issued ratably to Numonyx shareholders under certain conditions.
Micron, in a statement announcing the transaction, said the merger "strengthens Micron's position as one of the world's leading memory companies" with a broad portfolio of DRAM, NAND and NOR memory products. The deal also would help Micron gain "increased manufacturing scale globally," the company said.
Micron estimates the transaction will add to free cash flow and non-GAAP earnings beginning in fiscal 2011.Micron sees the deal closing within three to six months. Shares of Micron closed at $9.08, up 17 cents, on Tuesday. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV