New York (TheStreet) -- Tiger Woods, despite months of humiliating disclosures of his marital infidelities, still retains enough clout to make him the top athlete brand, according to Forbes' list of most powerful brand names in sports.
According to Forbes' "Fab 40" list, the "Tiger Woods" brand still holds top spot among athletes with a brand value of $82 million.
Forbes says that given his remaining sponsorship deals with companies including Nike (NKE), Electronic Arts (ERTS) and Procter & Gamble's (PG) Gillette division, Woods still has enough financial clout to be the world's highest paid athlete in 2010.
In fact, Woods' value reportedly exceeds that of some of the biggest names in the sports world ... combined, topping David Beckham ($20 million), tennis player Roger Federer ($16 million), NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. ($14 million) and National Basketball Association stars LeBron James ($13 million) and Kobe Bryant ($12 million).Pretty good, considering that several of Woods' biggest sponsors jumped ship or distanced themselves from Woods since his sex scandal broke out. Accenture (ACN) and AT&T (T) have terminated their contracts with him, while Tag Heuer and P&G's Gillette have limited Woods' involvement in their marketing efforts. PepsiCo's (PEP) Gatorade dropped Woods sports drink soon after the scandal broke out, although the company says it had nothing to do with the recent news. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV