By Louis Navellier of Investor Place
General Electric (GE) is on the prowl for electrical products companies. As the world's biggest maker of power-plant turbines, GE has a vested interest in the future of power generation in America. That means now is the time to buy out smaller companies with the technology for America's next-generation electrical grid rather than share the spotlight down the road.
We've seen a lot of merger activity in the market now that the economy has stabilized, most recently in the highly publicized Cadbury (CBY)-Kraft (KFT) marriage and previously in buyouts across big pharma during 2009. My hunch is that the electrical products and infrastructure sector is going to see a spate of mergers soon, with GE being the biggest suitor.
Here are the four possible candidates for a GE buyout in the near future, with the biggest potential to profit from this emerging trend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV