NETGEAR Announces 3G Mobile Technology Collaboration With Ericsson On NETGEAR MBRN3300E 3G Wireless Router
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTGR), a worldwide provider of technologically innovative, branded networking solutions, today announced a technology collaboration with 3G infrastructure leader Ericsson® (Nasdaq: ERIC) resulting in the launch of the new NETGEAR MBRN3300E 3G Mobile Broadband Router with internal 3G radio, available now. Ericsson contributes its leadership in 3G mobile networks, while NETGEAR contributes world-class expertise in routing, firewalls, wireless and IP networks. NETGEAR will showcase the MBRN3300E in the Ericsson pavilion, Hall 6, during the GSMA Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona February 15-18.
"We are thrilled to cooperate with Ericsson, the global leader in 3G mobile broadband network technology," said Michael Clegg, vice president and general manager of the NETGEAR Service Provider Business Unit. "This collaboration furthers our position with mobile operators, and the resulting mobile platform can be migrated to higher speeds and enabled with added features going forward. It is a clear win-win partnership."
Mats Norin, vice president of Mobile Broadband Modules at Ericsson, added, "Mobile broadband connectivity over HSPA in routers opens up new opportunities in yet-untapped home, SOHO and semi-nomadic user scenarios. We are excited to deliver mobile broadband connectivity to a new segment, home network routers for NETGEAR."
Now available, the MBRN3300E Mobile Broadband Router combines a 3G WAN with 802.11n wireless and Ethernet LAN. As evidence of its industry-leading features, this Mobile Router sports 270 Mbps on the wireless LAN side and a full-featured firewall. Utilizing the Ericsson 3G mobile broadband technology, the MBRN3300E offers cost-efficient Internet access for home and business users and is ideal for:
- locations that lack wired infrastructure;
- as an alternative to DOCSIS®, DSL or Fiber to the Home (FTTH); and
- Internet access from trains, buses, automobiles, RVs or boats.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV