"This dividend increase demonstrates our confidence in UTC's financial strength and in our ability to continue to deliver outstanding performance in 2010 and beyond," United Technologies' chief, Louis Chenevert said.
The company claims to be stronger than a year ago as a result of structural cost reduction, effective cash redeployment and portfolio transformation.
The dividend is payable March 10 to shareowners of record at the close of business Feb. 19. The ex-dividend date is Feb. 17.United Technologies stock settled at $65.40, down 1.7%. United Technologies provides high-tech products and services to the aerospace and building industries worldwide. A few related stocks have also closed the trading session lower. General Electric (GE) edged down 1.2% to $15.60, while Goodrich (GR) has inched lower to $61.90, down 1%. Heico (HEI) tumbled 1.9% to $41.20. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York >>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV