Set specific returns for both parties: Identifying specific rewards for each partner will help measure the effectiveness of the partnership, and reduce the chance of surprise or disappointment after the partnership is created.
Identify the effort's benefits and requirements: I can't stress enough the need for the entrepreneur to ask: "Am I prepared to work hard to make this partnership work?" Being a good partner is hard work. While tending to your firm's daily operations, you must recognize opportunities you could share and try to exceed the parties' expectations. The partner can seem like another top-line customer, with often indirect revenue or value streams.
Partnerships can be very valuable to a young business. But the wrong partner or situation can impede growth. Following these steps can save time and help ensure success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV