BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The safest investments are companies that can grow in any economy -- boom or bust. The following five are expected to increase revenue and profit by at least 12% in the coming year.
5. Lincoln Educational Services (LINC) provides career education.
The numbers: Third-quarter profit more than doubled to $14 million, or 50 cents a share, as revenue grew 48% to $148 million. Lincoln's operating margin stretched from 10% to 16%. The company has an admirable financial position, with $38 million of cash and $37 million of debt.
The stock: Lincoln increased 18% during the past year, less than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 13, a discount to diversified consumer services peers. Lincoln doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV