NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Novavax (NVAX) shares were indicated lower in Monday's premarket session after the company terminated negotiations with ROVI Pharmaceuticals for a collaboration on Novavax's virus-like-particle-based vaccines against influenza in the country of Spain. The 50-day average daily volume for Novavax is 1.84 million, according to the Nasdaq. The stock closed Friday at $2.22 and was down more than 8% in early trading.
Hanmi Financial (HAFC) should trade on above-average volume after the company said it has retained Cappello Capital to explore strategic alternatives. Last month, shares of Hanmi surged following a report in a South Korea newspaper that said Woori America Bank was considering taking a 51% majority stake in the Korean holding company. The 50-day average daily volume for Hanmi Financial is 1.03 million. Shares finished trading Friday at $1.73.
SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN) may trade higher Monday after it and Sigma-Tau announced additional positive results in a clinical study examining Zadaxin as a vaccine adjuvant to enhance the response to the H1N1 vaccine. The 50-day average daily volume for SciClone is 374,000. The stock closed Friday at $2.68.E*Trade Financial (ETFC) may trade on higher than normal volume after the online broker said late Friday it would start charging $9.99 or less per stock or option trade, eliminating its $12.99 commission tier. High-volume customers will continue to pay $7.99 per trade. The 50-day average daily volume for E*Trade is 39.5 million. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV