Late last year,shipping powerhouse FedEx upgraded its small-business Web site, FedEx Office, with a new spiffy look, ambitious new printing features and online file storage. The move puts the shipping specialist in competion with Hewlett-Packard's (HPQ) Creative Studio, Dell's (DELL) ImageDirect, VistaPrint's (VPRT) online collateral services and custom printing tools from Moo.
FedEx has been expanding its online products to target small businesses trying to cut costs in a weak economy. About 25% of the company's printing sales originated online during the previous year, says FedEx spokeswoman Jenny Robertson.
I recently tested the new site. Here's what I found:What you get: The new FedEx Office offers a solid digital pipeline to manage your small business's marketing materials. The company has worked hard to make its upgraded site easy to use. Simply surf over and pick one of its six templates to design, from presentations to brochures. I uploaded my test PowerPoint deck. The service allowed me to tinker with image and printing options, including paper stock, bindings and colors. When finished, I could pick up my project at a local FedEx office or have it shipped. There are even couriers available for rush jobs. Basic presentation packages start at 55 cents a page. More complex, full-color products with bindings and swanky paper cost about $8. FedEx stores files smaller than 100 megabytes for up to six months after every order is placed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV