Several clues point to a very strong fourth quarter for CPI Aerostructures (CVU).
First, throughout 2009, CPI issued guidance calling for net income of $3.9 million to $4.3 million and revenue of $42 million to $45 million.
Using midpoint figures and the company's 2009 nine-month financial results, the guidance implies earnings per share will increase 80% to 27 cents. Sales would rise 35.9% to $12.5 million.
Second, in conference calls, the company has repeatedly stressed that if it believed it could not meet its guidance, it would relay a message to Wall Street. Well, it is now the beginning of 2010, and management has not issued such a message, strengthening the possibility that the fourth quarter will be strong.Lastly, the company issued a press release on Jan. 14 saying fourth-quarter order flow had intensified. What I don't possess is specific information on the 2010 forecast the company will provide in conjunction with the 2009 year-end results. I generally prefer to invest in companies that are capable of achieving consistent 30% EPS growth, so I will eagerly await the 2010 guidance. That said, CPI has offered additional clues indicating 2010 will be a year of growth:
- In its 2008 fourth-quarter financial release, CPI offered insight into its long-term growth goals in sales and net income growth, saying that it expected to achieve a compounded annual growth rate for revenue from 30% to 35%. The company also said it expected compounded annual growth in net income of 50% to 60%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV