Starwood expects earnings of 63 cents a share before special items for 2010. The company said that while group bookings have picked up, booking pace for 2010 has continued to lag behind 2009.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters forecast 2010 earnings of 56 cents a share.
Starwood reported a net loss of $107 million, or 59 cents a share, in the fourth quarter compared with net income of $79 million, or 44 cents a share, a year ago.Excluding special items, earnings from continuing operations were 51 cents a share in the fourth quarter compared with 49 cents a year ago. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 22 cents a share. Worldwide system-wide REVPAR (revenue per available room) for same-store hotels decreased 7.2%, or 9.6% in constant dollars, from a year ago. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York >>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV