10 Biotech Stocks on Clinical Trials Watch
BOSTON (TheStreet) --
The most exciting binary events in biotech typically revolve around the release of results from important clinical trials -- closely watched experiments that determine whether an experimental drug, after years in development, will be a big hit or a terrible failure. Here are ten companies, in alphabetical order, expected to announce results from stock-moving clinical trials within the next six months.
Company: Affymax (AFFY)
Drug: Hematide for anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
Estimated timing: Second quarter.Hematide is a once-monthly injectable drug designed to treat anemia in patients with chronic kidney disease. The drug's development, including four, large phase III studies, represents a significant competitive threat to Amgen's bedrock anemia drug franchise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV