NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Time Warner (TWX) has joined a growing number of companies that have begun raising their dividends, in an indicator of increased confidence in economic recovery -- and a sign that dividend payouts might well take off in 2010.
Time Warner on Wednesday increased its dividend 13.3% to an annual 85 cents a share from 75 cents a share after swinging to earnings in the fourth quarter. The company's studio and networks posted record profits in the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV